Successful Foundation initiatives include bringing innovative technology into every classroom along with offering teachers across every discipline quality professional development. These funding priorities support both the Systems & Resources and Talent Management elements of our school’s strategic plan.
Thanks to the generosity of those contributing to the Foundation, we have already funded the following:
- More than 250 Chromebooks utilized in a variety of classrooms and subjects. This is just the first step toward accomplishing the “1:1 Initiative” to provide every Inman student with a dedicated state-of-the-art ChromeBook in the classroom. This initiative achieves the following:
- Revolutionizes the Inman educational experience and enables teachers across all grade levels to interact with their students in new and engaging ways while delivering real-time, differentiated instruction based on individual student needs and abilities.
- Provides Inman educators with a world of new curriculum possibilities through the integration of cutting-edge instructional platforms such as Google Classroom.
- Significantly reduces the need for expensive (and heavy!) textbooks.
- Highly experienced educators from the Educational Advisory Foundation: Through this highly effective program, skilled and experienced outside educators work one-on-one or in small groups during school hours to provide intensive instruction for Inman students who require extra attention. The program effectively reduces class sizes and allows Inman teachers to continue teaching other students at a pace appropriate to their level. It also provides opportunities for Inman teachers to develop their teaching skills by partnering with EAF tutors to develop customized learning plans.
- Level 1 Google Certification for 30 teachers which leads to improved efficiency among teaching teams when the same learning platform is utilized.
- The WeatherBug meteorology station and science program, a state-of- the-art science and technology package that engages students directly in learning about weather.
- Gifted certification training for 14, which helps keep all class sizes smaller and permits greater flexibility in teacher assignments.
- Teacher technology and equipment, across grades and subject matter areas, to ensure that faculty have access to innovative instructional tools for creating a challenging and fun learning environment.
These expenditures would not have been possible without your support!